The Electronic Transactions Association (ETA), the premier trade association for the payments processing industry, created the ETA CPP certification program to recognize those professionals in the industry who demonstrate a thorough knowledge of their profession as well as a commitment to professionalism and personal integrity. Every person who earns the ETA CPP designation has:
- A minimum of one to three years experience in the payments industry;
- Been recommended by a supervisor or manager from a company in the payments industry;
- Completed and passed a rigorous examination developed by industry experts and conducted by an independent testing firm that is not affiliated with any entity in the payments industry;
- Agreed to abide by the Electronic Transaction Association’s Code of Conduct; and
- Agreed to pursue continuing education credits as a requirement of recertification every three years.